4 eCommerce Trends to Watch Out for in 2021
The year 2020 has seen a significant shift in the eCommerce industry. COVID-19 has acted as a catalyst in the changing dynamics of eCommerce. Global trends show that retailers are switching to online selling and entrepreneurs are now prioritizing their ecommerce ventures.
As ecommerce is an ever-growing industry, we see new trends emerging every year. Let’s explore what 2021 has in store for us.
1. Voice Commerce Will Continue to Grow
According to an extensive survey done by Loup ventures, nearly 75% of US households will have smart speakers by 2025. This study signals the growing importance of integrating voice searches into your ecommerce experience.
Emerging technologies and sophisticated devices such as Amazon Echo with Alexa and the Google Home with Google Assistant have made quite an impression in the market. People are getting accustomed to voice command functionalities because of their precision and ease of use.
Both Google and Amazon are employing regional languages in their virtual assistant devices to reach out to consumers across all borders.
Now is the time to optimize your online eCommerce store for voice search. Here are some goals you should set for your eCommerce store:
- Create optimized content to improve your chances of appearing in voice searches.
- Add a new skill on Alexa and Google voice assistant devices.
- Include voice-based navigation on your website and mobile app.
- Make sure you streamline your purchase flow using voice commands.
2. Omnichannel Shopping Will Be The New Normal
Harvard Business Review conducted a survey which showed that nearly 73% of respondents claimed that they use multiple channels on their shopping journey.
The increased adoption of mobile devices and voice assistants will boost the number of omnichannel customers even higher in 2021.
In order to enhance Omnichannel experience, make sure you:
- Make your website optimized for mobile devices. A dedicated mobile app will help you go one step further in creating a refined omnichannel network.
- The customer experience must be personalized at every step possible.
- Additional tools such as SAP Commerce Cloud can be hugely beneficial in delivering a personalized and comprehensive eCommerce experience.
3. Emerging AI and AR Technologies Will Enhance the eCommerce Experience
By employing artificial intelligence in your online eCommerce store, you can deliver a highly personalized experience to your customers. By referring to consumers’ purchase history and analysing shopping patterns, AI simulation helps you discern consumer behaviour and show customers products that they are more likely to purchase.
One of the major downfalls of online shopping is that consumers cannot physically look at the product. Well, AR is working to overcome this hurdle. Some of the top online retailers are working on implementing AR technology that will help consumers physically inspect the product before making the purchase.
The seeds of highly personalized and refined consumer experience will be sown in 2021. eCommerce website development will focus highly on integrating emerging AI and AR technologies with online stores.
4. Mobile Commerce Will become a dominant force
Consumers today are much more comfortable shopping from their mobile phones. This trend suggests that improving the customer experience of your mobile apps will be key moving forward.
It is predicted that by the end of 2021 mobile devices will make up nearly 73% of total ecommerce sales. These numbers are encouraging and show us what a significant role mobile apps will play in 2021 in boosting your business.