Automotive and Artificial Intelligence
- the auto industry is quickly introducing IT elements across the board, from autonomous navigation, to many embedded systems and Apps that help the driver and vehicle users an enhanced experience.
Typical case studies
- infotainment system deployed on an App allowing media connected to the vehicle access and play media files (music on the car audio system and video on VOD devices of any passenger connected to the system). Some Apps run like a “Fitbit” for the vehicle estimating mileage, allowing to locate the last position of the parked vehicle, tracking vehicle position on real time and estimating driver efficiency.
- App deployed on driver or passengers smartphones.
- Car dealers who want to provide value added to the vehicles they sell and improve customer loyalty
- Partners of car manufacturers: these type of customers normally need help in development to fulfill their own development agendas.
- Automakers are hard to get because they normally require the company to get registered as a supplier, but once we get in they are very good customers.
- there is an increaqsing offer of AI platforms that can be connected to and use their AI skills, such as Amazon Alexa.
- These are little known services that give the user a powerful experience and build on the shoulders of Giants like Amazon.
- These services may require a partnership and are typically used on large scale projects
- the auto industry and hospitality can benefit for AI services. Microsoft and others may be opening some of the AI services soon. Getting in this market is strategic and linked to iOT.