How Artificial Intelligence is Changing the Cyber Security Landscape
Advancements in technology are posing a serious threat to cyber security. Even the best defensive strategies, sophisticated as they may be, often fall short when challenged by the increasing complexity and volume of cyber-attacks.
With the increasing rate of technological change, security professionals are constantly devising new techniques using artificial intelligence (AI). Artificial Intelligence based cyber security is now a leading force in the fight against cyber attacks.
Today, data security is more vital than it has ever been. Every company, no matter the size, needs a sophisticated means of cyber security that can stand up to the increasingly dangerous cyber-attacks on sensitive customer data.
Let’s take a close look at present day cyber security and the future that AI promises.
Present-Day Cyber Security
Today, network security is of paramount importance for companies. They are aware of the impact that small and large-scale cyber-attacks would have on their data infrastructure. Typically, organizations will make use of multiple layers of defence. This multi-layered security infrastructure is comprised of the best available firewalls that are capable of thoroughly monitoring and filtering out all malicious network traffic.
Along with these firewalls it is also prudent to have some form of antivirus (AV) software. These AV tools scan the entire system to search and remove malicious codes.
This traditional approach helps organizations manage backups and provide decent protection from data threats. However, with AI integration, this approach can be enhanced significantly.
- Organizations will monitor and respond to security breaches using sophisticated tools.
- The next-gen firewalls will be equipped with i-built machine learning technology that can discern patterns in network packets and immediately block the ones that are flagged as a threat.
- The natural language capabilities of AI will be utilized to trace the source of cyber-attacks. By scanning data across the internet, AI can pinpoint where attacks originate from, and implement pattern learning.
Improved Cyber Security with Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (ML)
Hacking techniques such as obfuscation and polymorphism make the task of identifying harmful programs an increasingly complex challenge.
Professionals are trying to utilize the full potential of Artificial Intelligence in identifying and countering sophisticated cyber-attacks with the least amount of human interference as possible. AI networks and machine learning has equipped security professionals with new proficiencies to study the dynamics of cyber-attacks.
The implementation of Machine Learning development in cyber security goes beyond the mere application of algorithms. Its seamless capacity can be utilized to study and analyse cyber threats much more effectively and respond to malicious attacks immediately. With the help of Machine Learning Software Development, professionals can now:
- Detect malicious incidents and stop cyber attacks
- Analyse mobile endpoints for cyber threats (Google has already implemented machine learning for this purpose)
- Enhance human proficiency in detecting malicious attacks
- Automate mundane security tasks
- Eliminate zero-day vulnerabilities
We are gradually heading towards the age where all cyber security systems will be powered by Artificial Intelligence. This also means that it will also be used by cybercriminals to attack data infrastructures. This double-edged sword means that companies must stay at the forefront of technology in order to protect their business and their customers.
As we move forward, we will witness AI’s ability to limit cyber-attacks, automate routine tasks, and significantly reduce the chances of human errors and negligence.